dimarts, 12 d’abril del 2011

Reported Speech

Exercise 1
Finish the sentences using Reported speech.

Example: Peter: "I clean the black shoes."
Peter told me that ____________________________
Answer: Peter told me that he cleaned the black shoes.

1) John: "Mandy is at home."
John said that___________________________________________________ .

2) Max: "Frank often reads a book."
Max told me that _______________________________________________.

3) Susan: "I'm watching TV.
Susan said to me that __________________________________________.

4) Simon: "David was ill."
Simon said that _______________________________________________ .

5) Peggy: "The girls helped in the house."
Peggy told me that __________________________________________.

6) Richard: "I am going to ride a skateboard."
Richard said to me that _________________________________________.

7) Stephen and Claire: "We have cleaned the windows."
Stephen and Claire told me that __________________________________.

8) Charles: "I didn't have time to do my homework."
Charles remarked that _______________________________________.

9) Mrs Jones: "My mother will be 50 years old."
Mrs Jones told me that _________________________________________.

10) Jean: "The boss wants to sign the letter."
Jean said that ______________________________________________.

Exercise 2
Finish the sentences using Reported speech.

Example: Peter: "Clean the black shoes!"
Peter told me _________________________
Answer: Peter told me to clean the black shoes.

1) Andrew: "Clean the blue bike!"
Andrew told me ___________________________________________.

2) Jessica: "Write a text message!"
Jessica told me ___________________________________________.

3) Nelly: "Help Peter's sister!"
Nelly told me _______________________________________________.

4) Fred: "Wash your hands!"
Fred told me ________________________________________________.

5) Anna: "Open the window!"
Anna told me ________________________________________________.

Exercise 3

Finish the sentences using Reported speech.

Example: Peter: "Don't clean the black shoes!"
Peter told me _________________________
Answer: Peter told me not to clean the black shoes.

1) Karen: "Don't play football in the garden!"
Karen told me _________________________________________.

2) Teacher: "Don't forget your homework!"
The teacher reminded me ____________________________________.

3) Mike: "Don't shout at Peter!"
Mike told me _____________________________________________ .

4) Yvonne: "Don't talk to your neighbour!"
Yvonne told me __________________________________________.

5) Denise: "Don't open the door!"
Denise told me ________________________________________.

Reported questions - Exercise 4
Example: Peter: "Did John clean the black shoes?"
Peter asked me _________________________________
Answer: Peter asked me if John had cleaned the black shoes.


1) Christopher: "Do you want to dance?"
Christopher asked me _______________________________________.

2) Betty: "When did you come?"
Betty wanted to know __________________________________________.

3) Mark: "Has John arrived?"
Mark asked me ___________________________________________.

4) Ronald: "Where does Maria park her car?"
Ronald asked me __________________________________________.

5) Elisabeth: "Did you watch the latest film?"
Elisabeth asked me ___________________________________________.

6) Mandy: "Can I help you?"
Mandy wanted to know ____________________________________________-- .

7) Andrew: "Will Mandy have lunch with Sue?"
Andrew asked me ________________________________ .

8) Justin: "What are you doing?"
Justin asked me ____________________________________________.

9) Frank: "How much pocket money does Lisa get?"
Frank wanted to know _________________________.

10) Anne: "Do you want to do the shopping?"
Anne asked ___________________________________________.











Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada